If you have purchased or are thinking of purchasing an Electric Vehicle (EV) or Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV), and are looking to install an EV Charging Point at your home then Ryan Electrical Contractors can help.
We are NICEIC and Homecharge Scheme approved installers of Rolec Electric Vehicle charging posts to domestic energy users.
We can install a 3.7kW wall-mounted charging point, providing you meet the following criteria:
- You own your home (or mortgaged)
- You have off-road parking
- Your home conforms to current IE regulations (we may be able to help if not)
- You MUST own an electric vehicle or have access to one
The electric vehicle charging unit must be installed at a suitable off-road location, which is within a reasonable distance of your electricity distribution board/meter. There must also be adequate existing electrical capacity and GSM (mobile signal) to enable the unit to send and receive data.
A standard 3.7kW charging unit will typically take 6 hours to charge a modern electric vehicle, however we can also install a 7.4kW charging unit which can charge a modern electric vehicle in half that time (3 hours).
Domestic installations may qualify for a grant from the Office For Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) grant outlined below.
What is the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS)
The Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) provides grant funding towards the cost of installing electric vehicle chargepoints at domestic properties across the UK.
- The EVHS grant offers up to £500 off the cost of a home electric car charging point.
- Available for electric and plug-in vehicles purchased after 1 April 2015.
- Requires that you have off street parking and use an OLEV-approved provider.